- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Well Go USA has scooped up North American distribution rights to Big Brother, the latest action flick starring Hong Kong martial arts legend Donnie Yen (Ip Man, Rogue One).
The indie action and genre distributor will release the film nationwide Aug. 31, one week after its wide release in China. The company plans a digital release later in the year.
Donnie Yen stars as a seasoned former soldier recruited for his toughest mission yet: teaching a class of teen delinquents. As he kicks his way into both their school and home lives, it becomes clear that his unconventional teaching style might be just what they need. At the same time, he has to deal with a greedy entrepreneur and his gang of fighters as well as the government
“Well Go is honored to continue our long relationship with Donnie Yen,” said Doris Pfardrescher, Well Go’s president and CEO. “Donnie’s star has continued to rise as international audiences become increasingly aware of his martial arts and acting prowess, and Big Brother is an exciting, funny and touching film that will only add fuel to that fire.”
Big Brother is written by Tai-lee Chan and produced by Donnie Yen, Wong Jing and Connie Wong.
The deal was negotiated by Pfardrescher for Well Go USA and Angela Wong for Mega-Vision Project Workshop on behalf of the filmmakers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day