- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
New Line is hiring Adam Sztykiel to pen the We’re the Millers sequel .
The movie proved to be a surprise hit for New Line, grossing $150 million domestically and almost $270 million worldwide on a budget of only $37 million.
A sequel was almost a given but it is only now that the company is taking steps forward.
The four actors are expected to come back, although no deals are in place. Director Rawson Marshall Thurber also is due to return. The first movie’s script was credited to the writing teams of Bob Fisher and Steve Faber and Sean Anders and John Morris.
Producing the sequel are Chris Bender and Vincent Newman.
Sztykiel is best known for his writing work on Due Date, the Robert Downey Jr.–Zach Galifianakis comedy, and Made of Honor, the romantic comedy that starred Patrick Dempsey. He also co-created, with Bill Lawrence, the upcoming mid-season NBC comedy Undateable.
He is repped by UTA, Kaplan/Perrone Entertainment, McKuin Frankel.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day