- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
On Tuesday night, more than 400 people paid $15-$25 a ticket to attend a launch event at the New York Public Library that featured a recorded reading by the German director (which one attendee called both scary and hilarious). The book will debut this week at No. 1 on the New York Times bestseller list for advice books.
The audiobook version with Samuel L. Jackson narrating has already become an Internet sensation. Jackson will do a live reading of an excerpt on Thursday’s Late Show With David Letterman.
Exactly one year ago, Go the F–k to Sleep started as a joking Facebook post by author Adam Mansbach when he could not get his daughter to fall asleep. His friends loved the fake title so much he decided to turn it into a real nursery rhyme-style book with illustrations by his friend Ricardo Cortes.
Herzog’s most recent project, the 3D documentary Cave of Forgotten Dreams, has made an impressive $3.7 million at the box office in limited release.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day