- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
With the color, the artifice and the ever-so-stylized realities, there’s an argument to be made that Wes Anderson has been making quasi-comic book movies for his entire career. A new parody video takes that concept to its logical conclusion by asking, What if Wes Anderson directed X-Men?
As you can see from the video, the answer is “exactly the direction we wish that Fox would take the real X-Men movie franchise.” Not only does the short — directed by Patrick H. Willems, the man behind both Ingmar Bergman’s Flash and the re-edited, improved Ant-Man trailer — feature a host of familiar X-characters and in-jokes (even the line “hope you survive the experience” makes an appearance), but it also features the entirely Anderson-appropriate 1960s British invasion soundtrack you’d want from such a movie.
This isn’t the first time anyone has imagined a potential meeting of Anderson and Marvel’s mutant soap opera. In fact, an entire Tumblr blog centered around the idea, pairing dialogue from Anderson movies with art from X-Men comics, has been around for a number of months, created by the people that brought the world the inimitable Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men podcast.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day