- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Bailey is a recurring lead in the Netflix Bridgerton series, where he plays Anthony Bridgerton, and has also appeared onstage, most recently in the West End production of Mike Bartlett’s play Cock. He’s also appeared in musicals, including the 2019 West End revival of Company. He will play Fiyero in Wicked.
Variety first reported that Bailey was in talks for the role, and Chu followed up on Twitter to confirm Wednesday, writing, “He’s perfect, they’re perfect. They’d be perfect together. Born to be forever…. I am too excited to pretend this hasn’t been happening. We have a Fiyero!”
As announced in April, the Wicked movie will be split into two films. The first one is scheduled to debut Dec. 25, 2024, and the second is scheduled for Christmas Day 2025.
Erivo is starring as Elphaba and Grande is starring as Glinda.
Universal has been developing the film since 2004. The movie, adapted from the novel by Gregory Maguire, is a prequel to The Wizard of Oz and follows the school-age friendship between Elphaba, the Wicked Witch of the West, and Glinda the Good Witch. Fiyero is the main love interest in the story.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day