- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Will Ferrell is very dedicated to his comedy craft. So dedicated that he learned a foreign language just to find a new way to make people laugh.
The first full-length trailer for Casa de mi Padre, the Spanish language comedy starring Ferrell, premiered, showing Ferrell talking – and singing – in Spanish.
The Pantelion Films project stars Ferrell as Armando Alvarez who works on his father’s ranch in Mexico. As the ranch encounters financial difficulties, Armando’s younger brother Raul (Diego Luna) shows up with his new fiancée, Sonia (Genesis Rodriguez). When Armando falls for Sonia, and Raul’s business dealings turn out to be less than legit, all hell breaks loose as they find themselves in a war with Mexico’s most feared drug lord, the mighty Onza (Gael Garcia Bernal).
The film is based on the telenovela style of soap operas, and therefore includes plenty of over-passionate love scenes, snazzy white suits, dramatic mustaches and slow-motion gunfights.
Directed by Matt Piedmont, who has helmed projects for Ferrell’s Funny or Die and Saturday Night Live, Casa de mi Padre is set for release on March 16.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day