- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sean Anders and John Morris of the Daddy’s Home films are writing and directing the project, and Ferrell and Reynolds will star, though details of who they will play are being kept in Scrooge’s bank vault.
The package is currently being shopped around town. Multiple studios are currently bidding, according to insiders.
Charles Dickens’ 1843 novella — about the miserly Ebenezer Scrooge being visited by ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future — has been adapted numerous times, with a number of productions taking creative license with the property, such as Bill Murray’s 1988 comedy Scrooged and 1992’s The Muppet Christmas Carol.
Ferrell’s Gloria Sanchez, Reynolds’ Maximum Effort and Mosaic are producing the musical take on A Christmas Carol, along with Anders and Morris.
Reynolds recently appeared in Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw and has Netflix’s Michael Bay action film 6 Underground, Lionsgate’s The Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard and Shawn Levy’s Free Guy upcoming. Ferrell’s recent credits include The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part, and he is set to star in Downhill, Fox Searchlight’s remake of the 2014 Swedish film Force Majeure.
Reynolds is repped by WME; Ferrell is with UTA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day