- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Smith posted the first look Wednesday via his Instagram account. Along with the magazine cover, Smith wrote, “BAM!! First look at the Genie, Princess Jasmine, and #Aladdin! Check Me Rockin’ the Top Knot Ponytail Vibes in @entertainmentweekly (and yes, I’m gonna be BLUE! 🙂 ).”
The character is also expected to have CGI elements.
Along with Smith, Aladdin stars Mena Massoud as Aladdin, Naomi Scott as Jasmine and Marwan Kenzari as Jafar, as well as Billy Magnussen and Nasim Pedrad.
The first trailer for Disney’s live-action remake dropped in October.
Aladdin is helmed by director Guy Ritchie, who is the latest filmmaker to tackle new adaptations of Disney animated classics following hits such as Cinderella, The Jungle Book and Beauty and the Beast. Disney also has remakes of The Lion King and Dumbo forthcoming.
Aladdin opens May 24, 2019.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day