- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The first trailer for Concussion is out, and it holds little back.
The sports drama tells the controversial story of the doctors who proved the link between former NFL players affected by major neurological problems due to head injuries suffered during their careers and the NFL’s denials of any such connection.
Concussion follows the story of Dr. Bennet Omalu (Will Smith) who — after studying the brains of ex-pros such as Dave Duerson (Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje) and Andre Waters (Richard T. Jones) — discovers that they were suffering from chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE), a neuro-degenerative disease caused by repeated trauma to the head.
Directed by Peter Landesman, Concussion is based on the GQ magazine article “Game Brain” by Jeanne Marie Laskas.
Produced by Columbia Pictures, Concussion hits theaters on Dec. 25.
— Peter King (@SI_PeterKing) August 31, 2015
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day