- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The duo is developing a new version of the 1987 feature via their respective Hartbeat Productions and Westbrook Studios banners with Paramount. Both men are attached to star in the new movie.
The remake, penned by Aeysha Carr, will be a modern update of the original, with Smith and Hart as the oil-and-water duo. Despite not getting along, the two must team up to tackle the gantlet of holiday travel disasters and make it home to their loved ones.
Along with Hart and Smith, Westbrook’s Jon Mone and Hartbeat’s Bryan Smiley will produce.
Hart, repped by UTA, 3 Arts and Schreck Rose, will next be seen in the Universal drama Fatherhood. Smith will next be seen in the Warner Bros. sports drama King Richard. He is represented by CAA.
Carr’s television credits include Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Rel and The Carmichael Show, and she most recently executive produced the Hulu series Woke. She is repped by ICM Partners, 3 Arts Entertainment and Goodman Genow.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day