- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In its first 48 hours, YouTube Original’s broadcast of Will Smith: The Jump acquired over 17.5 million views. The recap video of the event also ranked in first place on the YouTube Trending tab in the United States.
Despite an adrenaline-filled celebration for the actor, the jump was the result of a challenge the actor received from Yes Theory, a YouTube channel that films videos of people doing activities outside of their comfort zone. The event also raised money for charity through an online lottery offering an opportunity to witness the jump in person.
Smith also partnered with Global Citizen to have the proceeds from the event benefit education access for children in poverty-stricken countries.
Throughout the live-stream, Smith chronicled his excitement, nerves and anticipation prior to boarding the helicopter. His Fresh Prince of Bel-Air co-star, Alfonso Ribeiro, hosted the viewing party, with Smith’s family also in attendance to witness his jump.
After Smith performed his stunt and was shown dangling over the site in Arizona, the actor said: “This is some of the most beautiful stuff I’ve ever seen in my life.”
He also described the experience as going “from pure terror to absolute bliss.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
David O. Russell
the banshees of inisherin