- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The project, based on an original animated short, Pigeon: Impossible, comes from Fox Animation, Blue Sky and Chernin Entertainment and is described as an odd-couple comedy.
In the pic, Smith will voice Lance Sterling, the world’s most awesome spy. Cool, charming and super-skilled, Sterling’s occupation is saving the world. Holland will play Walter, a great mind but perhaps not a great socializer. What he lacks in social skills, though, he makes up for in smarts and invention: Walter is the scientific genius who invents the gadgets Lance uses on his missions. When events take an unexpected turn, Walter and Lance suddenly have to rely on each other to work as a team, with the whole world in peril.
Nick Bruno and Troy Quane, whose credits include The Peanuts Movie, Ice Age: Collision Course and Epic, will co-direct.
Fox has been redoubling its animation efforts of late. The studio is gearing up for the release of Ferdinand (due out Dec. 15), and last week it announced a feature-length Bob’s Burgers movie.
Spies in Disguise is already dated for Jan. 18, 2019, where it is set to open opposite M. Night Shyamalan‘s Glass.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
David O. Russell
the banshees of inisherin