- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
When rumors of William Shatner‘s appearance in the next Star Trek movie first broke, the original Captain Kirk took to Twitter to dismiss them. However, at this weekend’s Wizard World Nashville comic convention, he had a surprising update.
As reported by ComicBook.com, Shatner told the audience that he had, in fact, been called by [Star Trek executive producer] J.J. Abrams because “the director of [Star Trek 3] has had an idea where you might be involved, so I’m calling to find out whether you would be interested.” He added, according to Shatner, that the entire matter was to be kept entirely secret.
Soon enough, the news leaked online, prompting Shatner to joke, “I’ll bet you J.J.’s frothing at the mouth at this point.”
Talking about the possibility, the actor told the crowd, “I’d love to do it. But how do you get me 50 years later into the movie? I mean, how do you rationalize it? I know it’s science fiction, but even I couldn’t come up with an idea.”
The third Star Trek movie featuring new castmembers Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto and Zoe Saldana is expected to start shooting within the next six months, according to a recent interview with Quinto, with Roberto Orci expected to make his directorial debut.
. That’s a big deal to me.””]
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day