- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Williams Shatner has been cast in the animated horror feature film Malevolent.
Malevolent follows the story of four siblings who are called upon when their evil, estranged father finds out he is dying. He announces to his children that he plans to set out his will, but the will is a guise to get them together so that he may exact revenge on his offspring. The father’s plans go awry when intergalactic gamblers take an interest in the situation, waging bets on the family’s in-fighting.
The former Captain Kirk will play the Overseer, the film’s narrator.
The Coverage Ink Films project, directed by Jason Axinn, will also feature the voice talent of Homeland’s Morena Baccarin, Bill Moseley and Ray Wise.
“Understandably, the chance to work with a legend is a dream come true,” said Axinn. “I’m really excited that Mr. Shatner is coming along for the ride.”
The Boston Legal alum lent his voice to the animated feature Escape from Planet Earth, and can be seen in the upcoming romance Baby, Baby, Baby, directed by Tron: Legacy writer Brian Klugman.
Shatner is repped by TalentWorks and Larry A. Thompson Organization.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day