- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Bron Animation has acquired the rights to Lois Lowry’s The Willoughbys.
The popular children’s book follows the four Willoughby children, who must adapt their old-fashioned values to the contemporary world after they are abandoned by their neglectful parents and left to the charge of their nanny.
“The Willoughbys is a wonderful and unexpected story that fits our goal of producing animated films that are unique and a bit edgy,” said Brenda Gilbert, president of Bron Animation.
The book will be adapted for screen by Kris Pearn and Adam Wood, with Wood set to also direct.
Pearn has worked on animated features that include Shawn the Sheep and Surf’s Up. He was also the head of story on Sony Picture Animation’s Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, and co-directed Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2.
Wood worked on such Pixar classics as Finding Nemo and Toy Story 2, and also serves as the vp of creative for Bron Animation.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Sir Anthony Hopkins