- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Having broken though with her performance as Leonardo DiCaprio‘s wife in The Wolf of Wall Street, Australian actress Margot Robbie has set her sights on her next movie project.
The actress is in negotiations to join the cast of Z for Zachariah, a postapocalyptic indie that stars Chris Pine and Chiwetel Ejiofor.
Craig Zobel is directing the movie, an adaptation of the novel by Robert C. O’Brien.
Amanda Seyfried was to have originally starred in the lead role of an American teen who is seemingly the sole survivor of a nuclear war, but who soon finds herself with a visitor. Robbie will replace Seyfried and the character will be aged up. The movie had been pushed back from its 2013 start date and Seyfried could no longer commit to the part.
Nissar Modi wrote the script.
Gary Ross and Lucky Hat Entertainment’s Steve Bannatyne are executive producing along with Silver Reel’s Claudia Bluemhuber and Lotus Entertainment’s Jim Seibel and Bill Johnson.
Robbie is repped by CAA and Management 360.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day