- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Russian actress Svetlana Khodchenkova, who starred in The Wolverine and appeared in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, has been cast as the lead in horror-thriller Lady of Csejte. The film is set to shoot in Transylvania in January.
Andrei Konst will make his directorial debut with the pic, from a script by Matthew Jacobs. Glacier Films is financing and producing the film, which will also star Isabelle Allen (Les Miserables).
The historical thriller follows the 16th century Hungarian serial killer Countess Elizabeth Bathory, labeled the most prolific female serial killer in history.
Steven Schneider (Paranormal Activity, Insidious) is producing the film as the first of a new four-picture producing deal he signed with Glacier.
Glacier Films’ Tove Christensen, Sarik Andreasyan, Gevond Andreasyan, Georgy Malkov and Vladimir Poliakov are producing, while Hayden Christensen and Wendy Rhoads are executive producing.
Glacier, repped by Paradigm, launched in May 2013 during the Cannes Film Festival. Lady of Csejte will be the production company’s third film, following Cooties (starring Elijah Wood) and American Heist (starring Hayden Christensen and Adrien Brody).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day