- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Elizabeth Taylor and philanthropist Suzanne Fleisher Roberts, mother of Comcast chairman and CEO Brian Roberts, will be among the honorees next month at the 2011 Women’s Image Network Awards.
WIN founder Phyllis Stuart said Monday that Taylor is being honored for her “artistic genius and her HIV/AIDS activism.” The two-time Oscar-winning actress agreed to be honored but is ailing and might not be able to attend the Jan. 18 ceremony in Santa Monica.
Roberts is expected to fly in from Philadelphia, where she is well-known for her philanthropy and work in the arts. The wife of Comcast founder Ralph Roberts, she hosts a cable TV show called Seeking Solutions With Suzanne.
WIN presents awards in 13 categories. The 2011 nominees include Temple Grandin, Glee, Made in Dagenham and Secretariat and actresses Diane Lane, Sally Hawkins, Jennifer Aniston, Maggie Smith, Jane Lynch, Susan Sarandon and Selena Gomez.
Presented since 1993, the WIN awards celebrate film, television and advertising artists who “create dimensional female media images which shape positive public opinion about the value of women and girls.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day