- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Wonder Woman 2, the follow-up to this year’s superhero hit, will hit theaters Dec. 13, 2019.
Talks with Wonder Woman director Patty Jenkins to return are ongoing, and she has not officially been announced as being aboard the project.
Gadot will next appear as Diana Prince in November’s Justice League, alongside Ben Affleck’s Batman, Jason Momoa’s Aquaman, Ezra Miller’s Flash and Ray Fisher’s Cyborg as the DC superhero dream team.
Wonder Woman is holding better than any superhero film in more than 15 years at the North American box office. It has grossed more than $389 million at the domestic box office to date and passed Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 over the weekend.
So far, Wonder Woman 2 is the only release slated for Dec. 13, 2019. The date announcement comes a week after Warners set dates for a number of mystery films, including an untitled DC movie for Feb. 14, 2020.
Wonder Woman 2 joins Justice League and Aquaman (Dec. 21, 2018) as the only DC films with release dates. But over the weekend at San Diego Comic-Con, Warner Bros. teased its upcoming slate with logos for films including hazam! (which will be its next film to shoot), Flash movie Flashpoint, The Batman, Batgirl, Justice League Dark, Green Lantern Corps and Suicide Squad 2.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day