- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Wonder Woman star Gal Godot thinks this Barbie doll is worthy of Amazonian royalty.
Gadot showed off the new Barbie doll of the film’s titular hero on Twitter Thursday, calling it “absolutely extraordinary.” The doll debuted at Comic-Con last week and retailed there for $80.
Her praise comes on the heels of a buzzed-about Comic-Con panel that debuted the first trailer for Warner Bros.’ upcoming addition to the DC Extended Universe.
The Barbie, based on the character Gadot debuted in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, features the sword-and-shield clad Amazonian Princess wearing a gold tiara and a matte blue cape over plated armor. She will also carry a gold lasso, briefly shown in action in the Comic-Con trailer.
— Gal Gadot (@GalGadot) July 28, 2016
The standalone Wonder Woman movie, also starring Chris Pine and Connie Nielsen, may have a female protagonist, but Godot said in San Diego that she prepared for the film in hopes that it would be enjoyed by “not only girls, not only boys, but [also] men and women.”
This is not the first Wonder Woman Barbie to hit shelves. A different version was sold at Comic-Con last year.
Wonder Woman opens in theaters June 2, 2017.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Warner Bros. Discovery