- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lionsgate’s The Hunger Games film has found its Haymitch Abernathy.
Woody Harrelson has landed the coveted role of Katniss Everdeen’s mentor in the upcoming big-screen adaptation of Suzanne Collins’ bestselling novel.
Haymitch, as described in the book, is a drunk who was victorious in the 50th Hunger Games, more than two decades before Katniss’ deadly adventures begin.
Additionally, tributes for District 10 have been revealed: Jeremy Marinas and Dakota Hood.
The film’s cast is led by Jennifer Lawrence as District 12 tribute Katniss, Josh Hutcherson as Peeta, Elizabeth Banks as Katniss’ handler Effie, Liam Hemsworth as Gale, Stanley Tucci as Hunger Games host Caesar Flickerman and Wes Bentley as head gamemaker Seneca Crane.
Still left to be announced: Katniss’ designer Cinna, President Snow and pivotal tributes Cato and Clove.
The CAA-repped Harrelson, who recently starred in Zombieland and 2012, can be seen in the upcoming Friends With Benefits and Rampart.
Hunger Games, directed by Gary Ross, is slated for release on March 23, 2012.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day