- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO — Entertainment One is to distribute Wrekin Hill Entertainment product in Canada as part of a new multi-year output deal.
The three-year agreement will see four to five theatrical releases come north annually from Wrekin Hill, which was founded last year by former Newmarket Films co-founder Chris Ball and Newmarket execs Rene Cogan and John Crye.
“Chris Ball and his team have an established track record of delivering quality content and Wrekin Hill’s strong relationships with independent content creators will allow it to rapidly add to its film roster and continue to feed our extensive distribution pipeline in Canada,” David Reckziegel, co-president of Entertainment One Films Canada, said Friday.
The agreement was hammered out by Reckziegel and Richard Rapkowski, Entertainment One Films Canada vp of business and legal affairs, while Chris Ball and Rene Cogan, COO and CFO, and Gary Hirsch negotiated for Wrekin Hill.
Wrekin Hill recently signed a multi-year U.S. home entertainment distribution deal with Lionsgate.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day