- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Wyatt Russell and Jovan Adepo are going behind enemy lines for Paramount and Bad Robot’s Overlord.
They will star as American paratroopers dropped into enemy territory. As they approach their target — a Nazi-occupied village with a German radio tower — they realize that they are a part of something bigger than a simple military operation.
Julius Avery (Son of a Gun) is directing from a script by Billy Ray and Mark L. Smith, who are responsible for the Captain Phillips and The Revenant screenplays, respectively.
J.J. Abrams and Lindsey Weber will produce for Bad Robot.
Last year Russell appeared in Richard Linklater’s ‘80s baseball romp Everybody Wants Some!!. He is set to star in the Goon sequel, Goon: Last of the Enforcers, and the Ethan Hawke-directed Blaze Foley biopic, Blaze.
Adepo was most recently seen in Fences, appearing opposite Denzel Washington and Viola Davis, who took home the Oscar for her performance. He is also a series regular on HBO’s The Leftovers, which will soon enter its final season.
Production is looking at a May start in the U.K.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day