- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Introducing the new mutants of Fox’s X-Men franchise: Alexandra Shipp, Sophie Turner and Tye Sheridan, all of whom were announced on Thursday evening by director-producer Bryan Singer as part of the cast of next year’s X-Men: Apocalypse.
— Bryan Singer (@BryanSinger) January 23, 2015
Singer made the announcement via Twitter, ending speculation about who would play the younger incarnations of franchise mainstays Storm, Jean Grey and Cyclops, while also confirming for the first time that the characters would definitely be appearing in the movie. (In earlier movies, the roles were played by Halle Berry, Famke Janssen and James Marsden, respectively.)
The three actors will join Jennifer Lawrence, James McAvoy and Michael Fassebender, all of whom are returning in the follow-up to last year’s X-Men: Days of Future Past. Directed by Singer, X-Men: Apocalypse will be released May 27, 2016.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day