- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Nightcrawler is bamfing his way into next year’s X-Men: Apocalypse.
Kodi Smit-McPhee will play a young version of the teleporting mutant, who was portrayed by Alan Cumming in 2003’s X2: X-Men United. His credits include Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and The Road.
See more Hollywood’s 100 Favorite Films
Director Bryan Singer announced the news on Instagram Tuesday night.
Smit-McPhee will join returning X–Men: Days of Future Past stars Jennifer Lawrence, James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender, as well as series newcomers Alexandra Shipp, Sophie Turner and Tye Sheridan, as young versions of Storm, Jean Grey and Cyclops, respectively. Oscar Isaac is playing the villain Apocalypse.
For a refresher course on Nightcrawler’s abilities, here he is in X-Men 2‘s memorable opening.
A photo posted by Bryan Singer (@bryanjaysinger) on
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day