- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Professor X is ready for his signature ‘do.
James McAvoy, who played the Marvel character in 2011’s X-Men: First Class and 2014’s X-Men: Days of Future Past, will be bald in the role for the first time for the franchise’s next installment, X-Men: Apocalypse. The new film will be set in the 1980s, unlike First Class, which took place in the ‘60s, and Future Past, which was set in the ‘70s.
Apocalypse director Bryan Singer posted a photo to Instagram on Friday of the actor getting his head shaved. “#Xavier reborn (in process) #jamesmcavoy #XMEN #XMenApocalypse @xmenmovies,” Singer captioned the shot.
Patrick Stewart, who has always sported a sleek dome when playing Professor X in the 20th Century Fox films, previously stated that he does not expect to make an appearance in the forthcoming film.
X-Men: Apocalypse also stars Jennifer Lawrence and Michael Fassbender and hits theaters May 27, 2016.
Singer’s photo can be seen below.
A photo posted by Bryan Singer (@bryanjaysinger) on
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day