- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“No more false gods. I’m here now.”
After 2014’s X-Men: Days of Future Past teased the end of mutantkind in what turned out to be an alternate reality, this summer’s X-Men: Apocalypse identifies the origin of the species — and he’s got quite the ego.
The latest trailer for Bryan Singer’s next X-Men movie focuses on the villains, showing the danger posed by Oscar Isaac’s Apocalypse and his “Four Horsemen” — Storm (Alexandra Shipp), Psylocke (Olivia Munn), Angel (Ben Hardy) and a newly converted Magneto (Michael Fassbender).
Faced with the potential end of the world — and certainly the Xavier School — James McAvoy’s Professor Xavier has to recruit a number of new mutants to his cause, including Sophie Turner’s Jean Grey, Kodi Smit-McPhee’s Nightcrawler and Tye Sheridan’s Cyclops. (Former adversary Raven, played by Jennifer Lawrence, doesn’t just sign up for the team this time around; she’s one of the leaders, alongside Nicholas Hoult’s faithful Beast.)
“Only the strong will survive,” the trailer’s tagline promises. Let’s hope for the good of the franchise that Apocalypse isn’t as strong as he looks.
X-Men: Apocalypse will be released May 27.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day