- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In the sequel to 2011’s First Class, members of the team join forces with their younger selves to fight a war for the survival of the species across two time periods.
The trailer shows Patrick Stewart‘s Professor Xavier instructing Hugh Jackman‘s Wolverine, who’s about to travel back in time, to find and convince the younger versions of Xavier and Magneto to work with him.
“Find me, lead me, guide me,” Xavier tells Wolverine. “Be patient.”
“Patience isn’t my strongest suit,” Wolverine quips.
Viewers also get glimpses of new cast member Evan Peters (Quicksilver), as well as looks at Michael Fassbender‘s young Magneto and Jennifer Lawrence‘s young Mystique, shown crying and being physically pulled to Magneto. The trailer also teases the return of Halle Berry‘s Storm, Anna Paquin‘s Rogue and Ellen Page‘s Shadowcat. There’s even a scene of Stewart coming face to face with the younger Xavier, played by James McAvoy.
Director Bryan Singer tweeted on Monday that this trailer would be more character-based, as most of the visual-effects work has yet to be completed.
X-Men: Days of Future Past is set to hit theaters on May 23, 2014.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day