- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Universal Pictures has named a new managing director for France.
Former Netflix executive Xavier Albert will take over from Stephane Huard, who is departing the company.
“Xavier will help maintain our continuing prominence in the country and amongst the international marketplace at large. His wealth of knowledge and experience will prove invaluable to our international leadership team,” Universal International president Duncan Clark said Wednesday in an email sent to staff.
Albert most recently served as marketing director for Netflix France, and previously spent 10 years at The Walt Disney Company in various positions, culminating in chief marketing officer. He has worked on more than 250 theatrical releases over his career, including Finding Nemo, La Vie en Rose, Frozen, The Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy and Pirates of the Caribbean.
Albert is also co-author of the book Marketing for Theatrical Releases, which was released in France in October.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day