- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Anchor Bay Films has decided to release a full, unrated director’s cut of Xavier Gens’ The Divide in theaters Friday, January 13 in select markets. The violent post-apocalyptic thriller had its world premiere at the SXSW film festival in March.
Lauren German, Michael Biehn, Milo Ventimiglia, Courtney B. Vance, Ashton Holmes and Rosanna Arquette star in the story of nine strangers who take refuge in an underground bunker after a nuclear attack hits New York City. Survival only gets tougher once they become trapped together.
“Fans of director Xavier Gens’ Frontier(s) will be pleased to know that once again he has pulled no punches, and has delivered a kick-ass film that will set the bar in extreme cinema,” said Anchor Bay senior VP of brand marketing Jennifer Roberts. “We felt strongly that we needed to bring his full vision to the screen, and confident this is the version audiences will want to see.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day