- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Yancy Butler is coming back to the world of Kick-Ass.
The actress is set to reprise her role as the mother to Christopher Mintz-Plasse’s character in Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Walls.
STORY: Donald Faison Joining ‘Kick-Ass 2’
Matthew Vaughn’s MARV Films is financing the picture, which Universal will distribute domestically. Jeff Wadlow is directing.
The movie is casting up ahead of its start in September in Toronto. It will also shoot in New York.
STORY: Universal in Talks for ‘Kick-Ass 2’
Aaron Johnson and Chloe Moretz are reprising their roles of Kick-Ass and Hit-Girl respectively. Mintz-Plasse is coming back as the villainous Red Mist.
New to the movie are Donald Faison and John Lequizamo.
Butler is best known for starring in the cult TV show Witchblade and appearing in action movies such as Drop Zone. She is repped by Don Buchwald & Associates/Fortitude and Framework Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day