- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON — Yaya DaCosta (The Kids Are Alright) and Colm Meaney (Get Him to the Greek) have signed up to star alongside Brendan Fraser in Belfast-set heist comedy Whole Lotta Sole.
It’s a return home for Belfast born film maker Terry George, who co-wrote the script withThomas Gallagher, the movie is scheduled to begin shooting this week.
Production banner Generator Entertainment is making the movie with the company’s Simon Bosanquet doing the heavy-lifting. George, Jay Russell and David Gorder also produce.
The story centers on a kidnapping and a bungled robbery, and marks Generator’s fifth production to shoot in and around Belfast region since 2008.
It is bankrolled by a tapestry of financing from Jeff Steen Enterprises, Archer City Film Group, Molinare and Northern Ireland Screen.
L.A.-based Essential Entertainment is handling international sales while WME’s Graham Taylor is repping U.S. rights to the title.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day