- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Becky G rounds out the cast of the new Power Rangers movie.
She is set to play the Yellow Ranger alongside RJ Cyler (Blue Ranger), Naomi Scott (Pink Ranger), Ludi Lin (Black Ranger) and newcomer Dacre Montgomery (Red Ranger) in the Lionsgate project.
The 18-year-old singer gained fame after posting songs and raps onto her YouTube page, eventually singing with music mogul Dr. Luke. She currently can be seen in a recurring role of the FOX music industry show Empire as Valentina Galindo.
The reboot of the iconic 1990s TV series will be directed by Project Almanac helmer Dean Israelite and is due out in January 2017. The action movie will follow a group of teenagers who must harness their unique superpowers and use those powers as a color-coordinated team in order to save the world.
Saban Brands’ head of development and production Brian Casentini and Cinderella producer Allison Shearmur will produce the script, penned by X-Men: First Class scribes Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz. Power Rangers creator, Haim Saban, will also produce.
Thuy Trang played the original Yellow Ranger in the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers TV series.
A photo posted by Power Rangers (@powerrangersmovie) on
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Warner Bros. Discovery