- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In the new feature from Humpday director Lynn Shelton, Duplass plays a guy mourning the loss of his brother who is sent to recover at a remote vacation home by his best friend (and his brother’s ex), played by Blunt. There he encounters Blunt’s sister, played by Rosemarie DeWitt, who is coming out of a seven year lesbian relationship. After a night of drinking, the two end up in bed together — which only sets off a long spell drama when the one-night stand comes to Blunt’s attention.
Duplass is already having a big year. He co-directed the well-received Jeff, Who Lives at Home, stars in the upcoming comedies Safety Not Guaranteed and and Darling Companion, and has another film called The Do-Deca Pentathlon, again directed with his brother Jay, premiering later this year.
Blunt’s bigger studio comedy, The Five-Year Engagement, premieres at Tribeca on Wednesday night, and she’ll feature in Rian Johnson‘s sci-fi thriller Looper with Joseph Gordon-Levitt later in the year. Blunt also just starred in the comedy Salmon Fishing in the Yemen.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Ellen DeGeneres Show