- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The outrageous YouTube series, Dick Figures, created in 2010 by Ed Skudder and Zack Keller has spawned a 73-minute film called Dick Figures: The Movie, which will be distributed beginning Sept. 17.
Following 350 million views on YouTube and raising $300,000 on Kickstarter, Skudder and Keller’s film will be released on major digital platforms with both ad-supported and paid options.
“We’re going to make sure anyone and everyone has access to the movie at some point this year, whether they can pay for it or not,” says Aaron Simpson, vp animation & business development at Mondo Media. “But our Kickstarter backers will get to see it first, an exclusive privilege they paid for last summer.”
Since its inception, Dick Figures has acquired a cultlike following on the Internet. The series follows dysfunctional stick figures Red and Blue as best friends who continually make bad decisions, forcing them into uncomfortable situations. In the feature film, Red and Blue embark on a journey across the globe in order to secure a precious treasure.
Dick Figures: The Movie can also be preordered for $15 on the film’s website.
The project’s distributor, Mondo Media, and production company, Six Point Harness, teamed up with YouTube/Google, Cinedigm and Yekra for distribution.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day