- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The poster for Yves Saint Laurent, the Jalil Lespert-directed biopic focused on the late fashion designer’s life and career, has made its debut.
The one sheet paints a portrait of the French designer in his 20s, wearing black frames and a classic suit with the iconic YSL logo printed over his outfit. “Fashions fade. Style is forever,” reads the text on the poster.
The film follows a young Saint Laurent (played by Pierre Niney) as he embarks on his fashion career, working with Christian Dior, in 1957, when he was only 21. Guillaume Gallienne and Laura Smet also star in the movie as Saint Laurent’s partner, Pierre Berge, and muse, Loulou de la Falaise, respectively.
While Yves Saint Laurent doesn’t open in U.S. theaters until June 25 (the film opens in Europe on Friday), Fashionista notes that a clip from the film has surfaced online, showing Saint Laurent drawing a quick sketch of a dress and proving his talent as a designer.
Watch the clip below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day