- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Zac Efron is looking for a wedding date.
The Neighbors actor will star in Fox’s upcoming comedy Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates, THR has confirmed.
The Chernin Entertainment project will be directed by Jake Szymanski, and is slated to hit theaters on July 29, 2016. Written by Andrew J. Cohen and Brendan O’Brien, the film centers on two brothers who post an online ad for wedding dates.
Peter Chernin, David Ready, Jenno Topping and Jonathan Levine are producing. Cohen and O’Brien are exec producing. Daria Cercek is overseeing at Fox.
Efron has been doing strong comedy work as of late, including 2014’s That Awkward Moment and Neighbors (the Seth Rogen comedy earned a strong $268.2 million worldwide). He’s currently filming another comedy, Dirty Grandpa, with Robert De Niro.
He’s repped by CAA, Alchemy Entertainment and Felker Toczek.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day