- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Zach Barack is headed to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
The actor, who is transgender, will appear in Sony and Marvel’s Spider-Man: Far From Home, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Barack appeared in the film’s first trailer and has posted photos on Instagram suggesting he is playing a friend of Peter Parker’s (Tom Holland) and is among the characters who joins Parker on a class trip to Europe.
Barack, who is believed to be the first out trans actor to appear in a big-budget superhero film, has also shot several episodes of Spectrum TV’s L.A.’s Finest in a guest-starring role.
Far From Home is being directed by Jon Watts and was written by Chris McKenna and Erik Sommers. Jake Gyllenhaal joins the franchise as the villain Mysterio in the sequel to 2017’s Spider-Man: Homecoming.
Barack is repped by Adam Park at Park Noack Agency and Ann Thomas at Transgender Talent.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day