- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The star power of Disney’s A Wrinkle in Time keeps increasing.
Zach Galifianakis is the latest to join the call sheet of Ava DuVernay’s adaptation of the children’s classic, which already has Oprah Winfrey, Reese Witherspoon, Mindy Kaling, Chris Pine and Gugu Mbatha-Raw on the call sheet.
Rising actress Storm Reid is the center of the movie, starring as Meg Murry, a young girl traumatized by the disappearance of her scientist father (Pine) years before. She finds herself on an interplanetary journey with a schoolmate and her younger brother to find her father. They are aided by a trio of supernatural beings: Mrs. Whatsit (Witherspoon), Mrs. Who (Kaling) and Mrs. Which (Winfrey).
Galifianakis is in negotiations to play the character named Happy Medium, a man who is able to view different times and places.
Shooting is set to begin later this month in Los Angeles.
Galifianakis, who is coming off Masterminds and Keeping Up With the Joneses, made an impact with his Funny or Die comedy bit Between Two Ferns with Hillary Clinton. His next big-screen outing will be voicing the Joker in Warner Bros.’ The Lego Batman Movie, which is set to open Feb. 10.
Galifianakis is repped by UTA and Brillstein Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day