- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Marvel Studios is targeting Zachary Levi to join the cast of Thor 2. He would replace Josh Dallas in the film.
Dallas played Fandral, one of the Warriors Three in Thor, but is bowing out of the sequel to the 2011 hit movie due to his commitments to the ABC show Once Upon a Time.
Levi’s involvement may blessed by the gods, however. He was in talks to originally play the role in 2010 but had to bow out when his cult NBC show Chuck got a last-minute reprieve from cancellation and an episode extension.
Levi’s talks are in at an early stage — negotiations have not yet begun, according to sources — but an offer is imminent.
Thor 2 is gearing up fast for a July start. Game of Thrones director Alan Taylor is set to hop into the director’s chair. Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Idris Elba and Anthony Hopkins are returning, and Mads Mikkelsen is in negotiations to play the villain.
Marvel had no comment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day