- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Netflix has set an official release date for Zack Snyder’s zombie horror thriller.
Snyder’s Army of the Dead will launch on May 21, the director announced Sunday. The first teaser for the film will debut on Thursday.
The upcoming film stars Dave Bautista and is set amid a zombie outbreak in Las Vegas, where an assembled group of mercenaries venture to pull off a risky heist.
Omari Hardwick, Westworld actor Hiroyuki Sanada, Garret Dillahunt, Raúl Castillo, Nora Arnezeder, Matthias Schweighöfer, Samantha Win and Rich Cetrone are also set to star.
Army of the Dead was announced in 2019, marking Snyder’s first film since stepping away from 2017’s Justice League to deal with a family tragedy. Snyder directs the screenplay he wrote with Joby Harold and Shay Hatten. He also is producing, along with Stone Quarry’s Deborah Snyder and Wesley Coller.
The release date for Army of the Dead comes amid the anticipated release of the Snyder cut, the director’s cut of Justice League set to debut on HBO Max.
Army of the Dead will premiere on Netflix on May 21.
— Zack Snyder (@ZackSnyder) February 21, 2021
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Cannes Film Festival