- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ashton will play a villain character opposite Larson, who once again will star as Carol Danvers, fighter pilot turned superhero. Screenwriter Megan McDonnell is to pen the script and Nia DaCosta, who helmed the neo-Western Little Woods and Candyman, will direct the sequel for Marvel and Disney.
Captain Marvel 2 is the follow-up to the 2019 pic that starred Larson and Samuel L. Jackson. The cast also included Jude Law, Ben Mendelsohn, Annette Bening, Gemma Chan and Lashana Lynch, whose onscreen daughter Monica Rambeau will appear in WandaVision.
The original Captain Marvel movie was Marvel’s first female-centric film and proved to be an over-performer at the box office, generating over $1.1 billion worldwide.
In addition to Captain Marvel, Marvel Studios has Ms. Marvel due out on Disney+ later this year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Locarno Film Festival
We Cry Together