- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Rush Hour 2 and Memoirs of a Geisha star Zhang Ziyi has sued two Chinese media outlets for libel over stories last month that alleged that she received 700 million yuan ($110 million) over several years to have sex with suspended Chinese Politburo member Bo Xilai and other political leaders in China, Bloomberg News reported.
The actress’ lawyers argued that she suffered “immense grievance and distress” due to the stories, which she denied, it said. The lawsuit seeks unspecified libel damages and is asking for an injunction to stop the re-publication of the stories from media outlets owned by Next Media Ltd.
Bloomberg said that the lawsuit also denies allegations that Zhang was questioned in the government probe into Bo and was barred from leaving China. The stories are “seriously defamatory of and concerning the plaintiff and are false,” it cited from the suit.
Next Media declined to comment, Bloomberg said.
Bo was suspended from China’s Politburo after his wife was arrested on suspicion she was involved in the murder of a British businessman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day