- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Zhang Ziyi, the Chinese actress who starred in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon as well as Memoirs of a Geisha, is joining Paramount’s sci-fi thriller God Particle from J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot Productions.
David Oyelowo, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Chris O’Dowd, Daniel Bruhl and Elizabeth Debicki have already signed on to the mission to play crewmembers aboard a space station who find themselves alone after a scientific experiment causes Earth to disappear. When a space shuttle appears, the space station crew must determine if those aboard are friend or foe. Julius Onah is directing the movie.
Zhang is part of the international team of astronauts and scientists up in space.
The actress, who broke out on the international stage with the martial-arts love story Crouching Tiger, also starred in House of Flying Daggers and Hero. She made her English-language debut with Rush Hour 2. More recently, Zhang starred in Wong Kar Wai’s The Grandmaster.
She is repped by ICM Partners, Mosaic and Ziffren Brittenham.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day