- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
M. Night Shyamalan is directing Columbia’s sci-fi action adventure, in which humans no longer live on Earth after it becomes inhospitable. The elder Smith is playing a hero, while Jaden is his son, considered a failure as a warrior. When the two crash-land on Earth, it is up to the son to save the dad.
If deals are made, Kravitz would play Smith’s daughter, while Okonedo will portray his wife.
Gary Whitta, Shyamalan and Stephen Gaghan worked on the script.
The studio is eyeing an early 2012 production start with a release in June 2013.
Kravitz, who was last week honored with a rising star award at the Bahamas International Film Festival, appeared in X-Men: First Class as the mutant Angel Salvadore and stars in the indie drama Yelling to the Sky. Paradigm-repped Kravitz is due to shoot Fury Road, the fourth installment of the Mad Max movies, next year.
British actress Okonedo, repped by UTA, was recently seen in U.K. shows such as Doctor Who and Criminal Justice and appeared in features such as Hotel Rwanda and The Secret Life of Bees.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
the banshees of inisherin