- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Looking at the petite frame of actress Zoe Saldana, it’s hard to believe she could pack as much power as she does in the film Colombiana.
A new trailer for the film gives moviegoers a behind-the-scenes look at the intense training that the Avatar actress did for her new film.
Saldana plays a young woman who, as a child, witnessed her parents’ murder. She grows up into an assassin, spending her life’s work looking for the people who murdered her parents.
Saldana not only trained with the LAPD for the role, but did weight training, studied Krav Maga and gun handling.
“They’re going to blow everybody away,” said Saldana of the fight scenes. “Because they’re not just a specific form of martial arts or combat. They are just two human beings trying to get out of a situation, at least one of them alive.”
Colombiana, directed by Oliver Megaton (The Red Siren, Transporter 3), will hit theaters August 26.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day