- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Saldana would play Gamora, the green-skinned humanoid who is the last of a species that was exterminated by a race known as the Badoon. She also happens to be a skilled assassin.
If a deal is made, Saldana would join Chris Pratt, who is playing Star-Lord, and Dave Bautista, who’s portraying Drax the Destroyer, in the space-set adventure movie. The superhero group also includes Groot, a giant tree-man, and Rocket Raccoon, a genetically engineered animal with a knack for guns and explosives.
James Gunn is directing the movie, which is eyeing a June production start date. Disney has set an Aug. 1, 2014, release date for Guardians.
Saldana already has plenty of space (and tentpole) experience. She reprises her role as Uhura in Star Trek Into Darkness, which opens May 17, and will step back into her alien skin of Neytiri for Avatar 2.
Saldana, repped by ICM Partners and Morris Yorn, also stars with Christian Bale in the recently wrapped crime drama Out of the Furnace.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day