- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Zoey Deutch has joined Bryan Cranston and James Franco in Why Him?, a romantic comedy from Fox.
Along Came Polly director John Hamburg is helming the project, which tells of a Midwestern dad (Cranston) who travels with his family to visit his daughter at college, only to involve himself in a battle for her affections with her new, brash tech billionaire boyfriend (Franco).
Deutch is the comedy’s female lead, playing the daughter who is caught between the two men in her life.
Hamburg, whose credits include co-writing the Meet the Parents movies as well as the Zoolander pics, wrote the script with Ian Helfer. Shawn Levy’s 21 Laps, Ben Stiller’s Red Hour and Jonah Hill are producing the feature, which is set to begin shooting in February.
Jeremy Kramer is overseeing for Fox.
Deutch, the daughter of actress Lea Thompson and director Howard Deutch, will next be seen with Zac Efron and Robert De Niro in Dirty Grandpa.
The actress, who counts Vampire Academy and Beautiful Creatures among her credits, is also the female lead in Richard Linklater’s latest film Everybody Wants Some, which Paramount is set to open in April.
Deutch is repped by CAA and Gilbertson Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day