- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Schwarzenegger, who is enjoying a career resurgence with the success of Terminator: Genisys, in which he reprises his most famous role, will present his latest film, the zombie thriller Maggie, in Zurich. In the film, from director Henry Hobson, he plays a Midwestern dad who stays by his daughter’s side even after she is infected by a virus that will turn her into a zombie.
In addition to receiving the Golden Icon honor, Schwarzenegger will also discuss his life and body of work in a Q&A session.
“We are extraordinarily proud to welcome Arnold Schwarzenegger, one of Hollywood’s most iconic legends, to Zurich and are delighted that he will share his films and stories with our public,” said Zurich Film Festival co-director Karl Spoerri in a statement. “Arnold has had a transformative career that no one in Hollywood can match and established himself as a global brand, even beyond the box office. We are honored to present him with our Golden Icon award at this year’s festival.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day