- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
COLOGNE, Germany – A series of high-profile titles will be heading to the Zurich Film Festival this year, with gala premieres of Oliver Hirschbiegel‘s Lady Di biopic Diana starry Naomi Watts; George Clooney/Sandra Bullock-starrer Gravity from Alfonso Cuaron and period drama The Railway Man from director Jonathan Teplitzky and starring Colin Firth.
Other gala premieres heading to Zurich for the 9th annual international festival this year include Atom Egoyan‘s latest, Devil’s Knot, a crime drama which also features Firth alongside co-star Reese Witherspoon; J.C. Chandor‘s acclaimed one-man survival drama All is Lost featuring Robert Redford, which premiered in Cannes; David Gordon Green‘s Joe, which stars Nicolas Cage as a redemptive ex-con; and best agers romantic comedy Le Weekend from Notting Hill director Roger Michell starring Jim Broadbent and Lindsay Duncan as a British couple who take a second honeymoon trip to Paris in an attempt to rekindle their marriage.
The full Zurich Festival line-up will be announced by Sept. 12. The 9th Zurich International Film Festival runs Sept. 26- Oct. 6. The German-Swiss director Marc Forster (World War Z) will head up this year’s international feature film jury.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day